1/27/2009

so perfectly put

i am reading this sweet little book, *the guernsey literary and potato peel pie society* (what a title, i know!), a work of fiction comprised of entirely of letters. only a few pages into it, i came across this amazingly-phrased explanation of what a good relationship should be. of course we can all expound endlessly on what comprises a solid, successful relationship, but doesn't this quote, from a woman lamenting to a friend about her history with men, say so much? ... "Oh, there's no need to recite the dread rolls to you, but Sophie - what is the matter with me? Am I too particular? I don't want to be married just to be married. I can't think of anything lonelier than spending the rest of my life with someone I can't talk to, or worse, someone I can't be silent with." really, despite all our wanderings, stumblings, and fumblings through relationships, i feel like this is what it all comes down to.

1 comment:

Rheea said...

Sounds like an interesting book.
I rather stay single for the rest of my life than marrying the wrong guy and stay miserable forever. Probably that is why I'm still single. haha.
Do keep us update on more stories!

PS: Thanks for the vote in my poll!
Cheers~
Rheea